Coins can get you far.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I love volunteering, more so when there is so much to be done. It's practically the story of my life. I used to donate a lot even back in grade school, even if my classmates find it weird. I remember one instance when we were asked to bring only rice but I brought so much more, and I was reminded by one of my classmates that we were only required to bring rice.

But to me, you shouldn't limit yourself to what was asked of you. If you know that you have been so blessed, ibigay mo yung kaya mo. Kung hindi ka nasalanta, at maraming naapektuhan sa paligid mo, wake up call ni God sayo yun na kahit di ka materially well-off, pero kung physically, kaya mo naman tumulong sa pag-repack ng mga relief goods o gumawa ng makeshift beds para sa evacuees, gawin mo. Wag mo nang hihintayin na mawalan ka pa ng opportunity na tumulong. I believe that one of the best values of Filipinos is bayanihan. More than just helping, it is giving the best of your abilities and melding them into a great effort that can make such a huge difference.

Whatever transpired during these past two days was such a life changing experience. I was able to go to Cubao with coins amounting to around P150 or something. Basta bottomline, dala ko lang puro barya. Ang pera ko lang na di barya ay P20. Kumusta naman yun, diba? Anyway, I believe that God provides, so with faith, I went there. The only contents of my bag - a rosary, my phone, and the coins. I prayed that God will provide, especially because I did not have a decent lunch. Sobrang good luck, but it all turned out for the best. Here are a few snapshots from day 1.


 
Ate Dane and I


Modelling our work :P



Kinarir ang Big


si Regz, may namimiss nga ba? Haha!


Pasa-pasa ng goods.



Me at work



Stolen? Haha.


Regz and Jessa



Stolen kuno?



I was touched by this kid's determination to help. I honor her. Her name is Mariel :)



GOOOOOODS!

There are several relief centers around that are gathering volunteers and donations for the victims. As of today, I've been to three. I plan on going to STC tomorrow. I can say that God is great (kahit puro barya lang ang dala ko, sobrang sulit hehe!) Sobrang galing ni God kasi kahit papaano, pinagsama-sama nya yung mga tao para tumulong sa kapwa nila kahit di nila kilala. Magaling din si God kasi sa panahong ganito, hindi iniinda ng tao kung ano yung katayuan nya sa buhay o kung saan syang grupo nabibilang. Basta Pilipino ka, tutulong ka sa kapwa mo Pilipino. Hollywood celebrities have already done their part. Sana, ikaw din. If you feel that you have been blessed, be a blessing to others as well... kahit time mo lang and effort, okay na yun.:)

God blessed us to be Filipinos so that we can inspire everyone to be heroes and for us to shine in dark moments such as this. Let us show the world that we could rise together and make our nation stronger. This is true people power.


WALANG IWANAN



0 comments: