Blogs from the Past Series #6

Friday, September 25, 2009

Early morning inspiration :)


We always tend to ask for something. There's nothing wrong with that. It's our way of satisfying our human needs. For most of the time, we do it for self-actualization. But sometimes, somehow, when we pray for something, we fail to realize how important it is to rely on God's timing. We want the answers at once. And when He does answer, we are not satisfied. For the many favors I've asked from God, I have realized how amazing His will is.

For all the amazing victories and favors I've received I've always felt how the timing was great. But I've also realized that whenever I try to do things my way, I fail. An even more amazing thing that happens is that when someone tries to make me feel that I could not gain a favor from Him after I've genuinely prayed for it, He gives me more than I ask for.

However, I've also observed that for the many times that I've prayed for something and tried my way because of my impatience, the favor or victory does not come into fruition. If for those many instances that I've attempted to force my will and not His, I end up in bitter disappointment. It's as if God reminds me 'in My time, not yours'. And for the many times that I do not pray for His victories and favors, He taps my back and says 'forget Me not.'

I believe that if there's a way through anything, it's because God has paved the way for it, and we could only expect good things to happen if we pray for Him to guide us through it. Like a pathway that is invisible in the dark, the road can only be seen if we ignite the fire on the lamp to walk the right way. We could never do away with God for our victories is not for our glory, but His. :)

0 comments: