Typhoons come and go

Saturday, October 3, 2009

These past few days were quite differently spent. For the most part, I was busy with the relief operations for typhoon victims. Something I haven't really done much personally -- being part of the actual relief operations by volunteering myself. In the past, I've only donated. the first time I did this was last year, at GK brookside which was heavily devastated by the rains.

We watched Pay It Forward during the chapter assembly. I chose to stick around until the film ended. It was a perspective check of sorts. I remember seeing this film during my first year in high school for our PALIHAN (my school's version of CWTS, except this was done only once or twice a month). I remember how after seeing it, my consciousness somehow grew. It's not just about paying back the people you owe a certain depth of gratitude to, but also about paying forward, by being a blessing to others. The film struck me a lot, despite having watched it a few times already.

I did a bit of walking too -- having to go to STC and doing the groceries for what seemed to be an impending typhoon. I saw how much garbage we constantly throw out every day. There were mountains upon mountains. And we all throw it back to Mother Nature. And now that we have experienced her wrath, we should realize that we only have one planet to live, so we should take care of it. Typhoons come and go, but we're here to stay a little bit longer, so we have all the time to right our wrong.  :)

--

On a lighter note, the typhoon has done so much for my humor. Made me more... sabaw! (Thanks to watching The Nanny!)












0 comments: